Digital Project/Social Media Manager, Writer
Marketing and Advertising | Greater Los Angeles Area, US
Over the past six years, I've been involved with social media management (yes, I started back before Instagram and Pinterest were even a glint in the eyes of their creators... it was a simpler time, then, ahem) and digital project management.
What's that mean?
Well, most recently, I was the digital project and social media manager for a high-end boutique real estate company in Beverly Hills. While there, I managed the design/development of real estate web sites and other new online/mobile projects; created/managed the content/syndication strategy for a network of community blogs; taught real estate agents how to blog and use social media to grow their business; and acted as the primary liaison with our third-party vendors for SEO, mobile advertising, and web development.
However, I cut my social teeth in the ancient yesteryear of 2008 as I traveled the country with a major label rock band running and creating their tour blog using Blogger (which was really hip back then, I promise -- forget all those LiveJournalers who said otherwise). I was even flown to Iraq to shoot video of a USO tour for promotion on YouTube and Vimeo.
When not doing any of that, you'll find me doing one of these:
• writing (blogs and screenplays)
• karaoke-ing at a local dive bar (if only I had been born 10 years earlier with a five-octave voice...)
• growing a moustache (Movember and other -Embers and -Uaries)
• posting photos of sunsets and couches to Instagram (can't help it)
• rooting for my beloved Michigan Wolverines and all Detroit professional sports teams (Go Blue!)
• shooting sketch comedy shorts (check them out at http://www.thesepeoplecomedy.com)
Specialties: Writing, project management, Wordpress, on-page SEO, mobile marketing, light HTML coding, Photoshop, InDesign, Final Cut Pro, Final Draft, Twitter, iMovie, copywriting/editing, blogging, social media strategy, public speaking, presentations, in-house education, videography/photography, iPhone, Mac